Speaking test - part 1
In part 1 of the speaking test you will be asked to talk about your interests, general experiences, studies / career, plans for the future. The examiner will first ask you some general questions like;
- Where are you from?
- What do you do?
- How long have you been studying English?
- Looking back on your life, what has been a memorable event for you?
- Which part of the day do you most enjoy and why?
- Is it easy for you to find time to relax every day? Why /why not?
- Do you prefer to follow a routine or do something different every day?
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- How important do you think family is?
- How much time do you spend with your family and what do you enjoy doing with them?
- What qualities do you look for in a close friend?
- What do you most enjoy doing with your friends?
- Have you ever had the opportunity to really help a friend? How?
- Would you prefer to spend your holidays with your family or friends and why?
- What is the best way for people visiting your country to make friends?
- With whom would you discuss a difficult personal situation -a family member or close friend? Why?
- Who do you think has had the most influence of you life so far? Why?
- Tell me about a friend of yours and how you got to know him or her.
- How easy is it for you to meet new people and make friends?
SPORT & FITNESS
- What do you do to keep fit?
- If you had the opportunity to learn a new sport, what would it be? Why?
- How important are sport and exercise in your life?
- Do you prefer team or individual sports? Why?
- What qualities do you need to possess to do well in a team sport?
- What do you think about extreme sports?
- What are the most popular sports in your country?
- What do you enjoy most about being on holiday?
- Which parts of the country would you recommend to tourists? Why?
- With who do you prefer to travel? Why?
- Do you prefer long or short distance travel?
- What has been your most exciting travel exeprience to date?
- Name some of the things you would never leave behind when you travel.
- Do you think you would like to work in the travel industry? Why / why not?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go? Why?
- What things do you most enjoy doing when travelling on holiday?
- Would you enjoy an adventurous or possibly dangerous journey? Why / why not?
- Would you ever consider going on holiday on your own? Why / why not?
- How do you feel about the arts?
- Which kind of art ar you most interested in? Why?
- When was the last time you visited a museum, gallery or exhibition? What were your impressions on this visit?
- Who is your favourite artist? Why?
LEISURE AND ENTERNTAINMENT
- What do you like doing at the weekends?
- What do you do to relax after a busy day?
- How important is the computer in your daily life?
- What are your interests and leisure activities?
- What kinds of TV programmes do you enjoy watching?
- How important is music in your life?
- Do you prefer watching films at the cinema or at home? Why?